Business Development Director Europe
Quinco & Cie is a woman-owned business based in Magog, Canada. We design, manufacture and distribute self-adhesive wall tiles under the brand name ‘Smart Tiles’, a premium brand in the kitchen and bathroom decor sector. As a trusted supplier to leading retailers we have experienced non-stop growth since our launch in 1999, with our 100-strong staff realizing a turnover of €10 million in 2017.
We are committed to innovation and continuous quality development, as well as to maintaining our products’ outstanding reputation for ease of use, high quality and an extensive range of colours and styles. Our success in realizing our ambitions has helped us achieve a strong market position. In order to support further growth by rolling out operations in Europe, Quinco is currently seeking a Business development director for Europe
- Managing all business activity in Europe, from business strategy development and associated organisational issues to direct sales and contacts in the field;
- Monitoring European markets in order to optimally position Smart Tiles with regard to product, price, place and promotional tactics;
- Steering business development in Europe, including identifying key market targets and establishing connections with leading retailers, some of whom already distribute our products in France and the UK;
- Assuming final responsibility for our main distributors in major target countries and supporting our key account manager in facilitating further business development;
- Developing the company concept in terms of requirements, recruitment and performance evaluation, including managing finance/forecasting by account and administration as well as logistics and sales;
- Ensuring clear and comprehensive reporting to the Canadian head office on finance and sales performance.
- Be the key resource person in Europe for presentations of the programs and product knowledge/technical for the company to all existing and potential accounts
- You will work directly with the Vice-President Business Development in Canada.
- University graduate with business acumen;
- At least 10 years of experience in sales and marketing in the area of retail and distribution;
- Experience in the home decor and/or construction sectors preferred.
- Fluency in English and French is a must. German and/or Spanish would be a nice to have.
We can offer:
- An opportunity to build a business almost from the ground up;
- A position in a fast growing business with a flat hierarchy and plenty of room for initiative;
- Comprehensive responsibilities;
If you believe you are the right woman or man for the position, we would very much like to hear from you.